When it comes to Oakley snow goggles, the Flight Deck has been a top pick for good reason. The rimless and spherical lens gives you an expansive view and PRIZM lens technology boosts contrast so you can pick up on every detail on the slopes. It is offered in a larger size, Flight Deck, and now a more medium fit, Flight Deck XM. We also have a separate, more updated review of the Flight Deck if you are looking for more information on what makes this goggle a must-have.
Oakley Flight Deck vs Flight Deck XM: What’s the Difference?
When comparing these two goggles, size is all that really matters. Oakley launched the Flight Deck to speak to the demand for over-sized goggles. While they may still work for some, they’re a little too big for others. In order to satisfy the demand for a smaller goggle with the same great build, Oakley launched the Flight Deck XM, a smaller version of the ever so popular Flight Deck, with all the same great features. Both are exceptional goggles for more reasons than one with not many differing factors other than size. We also have a review of how to change lenses on the Flight Deck and Flight Deck XM.
Similar Features of the Flight Deck and Flight Deck XM:
- PRIZM Lens Technology- PRIZM Snow lenses help to boost contrast by manipulating the light spectrum and highlighting the colors that your eyes are most responsive to. This helps you to see all the bumps and lines in the snow for a safer and more enjoyable riding experience.
- Rimless Design- provides expansive peripheral field of view and minimizes frame volume for unparalleled comfort
- Spherical Lens Shape- gives you more volume inside of the goggle between your face and the lens to reduce chances of fogging
- Dual Pane lenses- helps to balance the inside and outside temperatures to reduce chances of fogging. We have a separate review on how to swap Flight Deck lenses
- Anti-fog- coating on the inside of the lens that works with the spherical lens shape to prevent fogging
- Triple-layer Face Foam – adds comfort and also helps to produce a seal around your face so no cold air can sneak in
- Adjustable Silicone Strap- works to keep your goggles in place with or without a helmet
- Prescription Friendly – There are prescription inserts available for the Flight Deck and Flight deck XM.
- Asian Fit – Both the Flight Deck and Flight Deck XM are available in asian fit. Asian fit snow goggles have more padding around the nasal area to help compensate for a less prominent nosebridge.
Oakley Flight Deck XM
Oakley Flight Deck
Oakley Flight Deck & Flight Deck XM Prescription Goggles Online at SportRx!
One of the best similarities between the Flight Deck and Flight Deck XM is that they are both available with PRIZM Snow lenses. So, if you have Rx-needs, the SportRx opticians will gladly customize a pair of prescription goggle inserts for either goggle. If you have any questions about Oakley snow goggles, or prescription goggles and how they work, don’t hesitate to give us a call!