Oakley changed the world of sport sunglasses with the introduction of PRIZM. This cutting-edge lens technology allows you to better see the details in your environment and improve your performance no matter what activity you enjoy. In the case of trail enthusiasts, PRIZM Trail has been the go-to option since it is specifically designed for a trail environment.
PRIZM Trail allows you to spot rocks, roots, and dips ahead of time so you can react faster and have a safer riding experience. Following the success of PRIZM Trail, Oakley engineers created PRIZM Trail Torch. This new PRIZM Sport addition features a torch iridium coating to kick aesthetics up a notch. See how PRIZM Trail Torch stacks up against the tried and true PRIZM Road in the video below.
We also have a review of the Best Oakley MTB Sunglasses of 2019 if you need some help finding the right pair of sunglasses for your next adventure.
Similarities Between PRIZM Trail and PRIZM Trail Torch
- Designed for trail environments
- Enhances color vividness, details, and depth perception
- PRIZM Rose base for maximum contrast boost
- Works in and out of shadows
- 100% UVA, UVB, and UVC protection
Differences Between PRIZM Trail and PRIZM Trail Torch
- Aesthetics– The main difference between these lenses is aesthetics. PRIZM Trail Torch has a Torch iridium mirror finish which gives the lens a red appearance. PRIZM Trail has more orange and pink hues mixed with red.
- VLT(Visible Light Transmission)– PRIZM Trail Torch is just a hair darker than PRIZM Trail. The VLT is measured at 36% and Trail is 35%. This difference is hardly noticeable.
- Rx-ability- PRIZM Trail is available in prescription. We are hoping PRIZM Trail Torch will be available in Rx soon!
PRIZM Trail is perfect for mountain biking, trail running, or hiking. The Flak 2.0 XL is a great match for this lens. Oakley’s #1 sport sunglass fits a variety of head shapes and has the grip and coverage you need for any day out on the trails. This lens has a visible light transmission of 36%, making it great for all weather conditions. The base color is PRIZM Rose for the ultimate boost in contrast.
PRIZM Trail Torch
Try out a new look with PRIZM Trail Torch. Although this lens is functionally very similar to PRIZM Trail, the torch iridium finish adds some flare. The VLT is 35% so it is just a hair darker than PRIZM Trail. PRIZM Trail Torch also has a PRIZM Rose base to make everything on the trail easier to see.
Get Oakley PRIZM Trail in Prescription at SportRx
Need Oakley PRIZM in prescription? Done. When you shop with us, you’ll find video guides and tooltips throughout the build process as you customize the perfect pair. An answer to all your questions is at your fingertips, and if you want to chat with an expert, Contact Us. We’ll put you in touch with one of our friendly in-house opticians who can help you build your prescription Oakley sunglasses.
Ditch risky online shopping with the See Better Guarantee. Try your Oakley MTB sunglasses for 45 days. If you’re not satisfied, send them back. Get a full refund, exchange, or credit towards a better pair. And return shipping? Covered. Get your pair of prescription Oakley Sunglasses at SportRx today!