Fishing for the Perfect Pair?
If you are looking for the perfect pair of fishing glasses, then look no further than Costa. Handcrafted in Daytona Beach Florida, Costa fishing sunglasses are the premier choice for fishermen. Costa fishing sunglasses are essential for your life around the water. But you may be wondering which Costas should you get. Find out about the various features, such as frame fit, lens color, and lens material, to keep in mind when choosing your ideal pair of Costa sunglasses.
Why Costa Sunglasses?
Over the last 30 years, Costa has established themselves as the go-to company in the fishing sunglass industry. Costa’s fishing sunglasses are built for performance with the highest clarity. They are designed to stand up to the toughest elements out on the water and set new standards on protection, durability, and comfort.
Frames: Getting the Right Fit
When choosing which Costa sunglasses to go for, the frame is an important factor. You want a comfortable pair that won't fall into the water or scratch on the floor of the boat. Getting the right fit is crucial and it varies from person to person. Here's a quick guide to finding your perfect Costa sunglasses.
- Too much light coming into your eyes
- Feel way too tight on your face
- Look like they are squeezing into your head
- Slide of your face easily
- Frames stick out
- Gaps where you can fit your finger in
Preferably, you want to hit the sweet spot. It’s easy to tell when a pair of glasses are way too big or way too small. Ideally, your sunglasses should be as wide as the temple of your head with not a lot of light creeping in. They should be comfortable to wear for long periods of time and stay snug on your face for the duration of your fishing excursion. If you are confident that they don't match the bullet points above, then you found the right pair for you.
The final make-or-break decision when choosing Costa sunglasses is which lens color to go with. It’s not just a matter of style and appearance. Each lens color has a different purpose. Everyone’s eyes are different and the color that works well for one angler may not be the best choice for another. Here's a quick guide to polarized lenses that Costa offers, in order from lightest to darkest:
- Sunrise - Costa's lightest lens. Ideal for dusk or dawn conditions. Allows super high contrast while still reducing the glare from the water. Let's in about 30% of light.
- Copper - Makes everything warm and pop. Allows a lot of contrast. Let's in about 12% of light.
- Grey - Keeps colors the same; white is still white, blue is still blue. Very neutral glasses. Also, let's in about 12% of light.
- Copper Silver Mirror - This mirrored lens is more reflective and offers great protection. A lot of contrast because of the copper base. Also, let's in about 12% of light.
- Green Mirror - Darker lens than the copper-silver mirror. Still offers great contrast. Let's in about 10% of light.
- Blue Mirror - Most popular Costa lens. Great for offshore fishing. Reduces glare from ocean water. Let's in about 10% of light.
- Grey Silver Mirror - Newest Costa lens. Has similar attributes as the Blue Mirror. A more neutral alternative to the Blue Mirror. Reduces glare and also lets in about 10% light.
Shop Costa Prescription Sunglasses at SportRx
Need prescription glasses? SportRx can make your favorite Costa sunglasses with your prescription. If you are not fully satisfied with your pair, the See Better Guarantee can comfort you. You'll have 45 days to return your pair for free if you aren't 100% happy with your purchase.
As always, you are welcome to Contact Us and speak with one of our expert opticians when need any help deciding. When finding your perfect pair, SportRx are here to help.