Oakley PRIZM Lens Technology has been described as 'an almost unfair advantage' in the world of sports. The contrast boost PRIZM lenses provide allow you to see every little detail in your environment, giving you a heightened sense of vision, and allowing you to perform at your peak. Oakley PRIZM Road Jade joins the original PRIZM Road along with the more recent PRIZM Road Black. Check out a full review of all three lenses below.
- Aesthetics- The most notable difference between all three PRIZM Road lenses is aesthetic. PRIZM Road features a bright orange/red lens. PRIZM Road Jade embraces shades of green with a nice jade iridium mirror. PRIZM Road Black is more subtle with a black lens and black iridium finish.
- VLT(Visible Light Transmission)- PRIZM Road allows the most light through the lens with a VLT of 20%. PRIZM Road Jade have a VLT of 15% and PRIZM Road Black has a darker tint and allows only 11% of surrounding light through the lens.
- Conditions- Oakley engineers designed PRIZM Road Black for sunny road environments where extra protection is needed. PRIZM Road Jade works in both bright light and overcast conditions. The original PRIZM Road lens will get you by in a variety of weather but Road Black is most optimal followed by Road Jade.
- Enhanced Details- All PRIZM Road lenses have a rose base tint. This means that when you are wearing the sunglasses, everything you see has a warm rose hue to it. The base tint is what enhances contrast and gives you more vividness in the details on the road. No matter which lens you choose, they are all specifically fine-tuned for the road environment. Therefore, the whites and yellows of the lanes in the road are more vibrant, cracks and potholes are easier to see, and the external landscape is more pleasing to the eye.
- UV Protection- All Oakley PRIZM lenses offer 100% UV protection.
- Rx-ability- All three PRIZM Road lenses are now available in prescription. You can get yours at SportRx!
PRIZM Road Black
PRIZM Road Black Lens Features:
- With a VLT rating of 11% this lens is great for a bright and sunny riding environment.
- The rose base creates an enhanced contrast boost.
- It is available in prescription on all dual lens Rx-friendly sport frames!
You can learn more about this lens in our PRIZM Road Black review.
PRIZM Road Jade
PRIZM Road Jade Lens Features:
- This all-conditions lens works in both sun and clouds. The lens have a VLT of 15% which puts it right in between PRIZM Road Black and PRIZM Road.
- The cool green iridium mirror stands out in the sun and keeps your eyes protected from those harsh UV rays.
- You can get PRIZM Road Jade in prescription in all dual lens Rx-friendly sport frames!
PRIZM Road Lens Features:
- At 20% VLT, this original PRIZM Road lens satisfies all your riding needs but if you want an even more optimal experience for those bright days be sure to check out Road Black or Road Jade.
- The bright orange/red lenses enhance contrast and perform best in medium lighting conditions.
- You can get PRIZM Road in prescription in all dual lens Rx-friendly sport frames!
Check out our PRIZM Road review to learn more.
Get Prescription Oakley Sunglasses Online at SportRx
Need Oakley prescription sunglasses? Done. When you shop with us, you’ll find video guides and tooltips throughout the build process as you customize the perfect pair. An answer to all your questions is at your fingertips, and if you want to chat with an expert, Contact Us. We’ll put you in touch with one of our friendly in-house opticians who can help you build your prescription sunglasses.
Ditch risky online shopping with the See Better Guarantee. Try your sunglasses for 45 days. If you’re not satisfied, send them back. Get a full refund, exchange, or credit towards a better pair. And return shipping? Covered. Get your pair of prescription sunglasses at SportRx today!