Looking for coverage? Oakley has everything you need in these two full-shield sunglasses. The Sutro is part of Oakley’s Latitude Collection which bridges the gap between sport and lifestyle. This sunglass has a bit more lifestyle appeal than the traditional sport design of the Jawbreaker. Tyler and Andrew discuss the similarities and differences between these two Oakley sunglasses.
Similarities Between the Sutro & Jawbreaker
- Coverage– Both sunglasses boast a shield large enough to keep you covered in any environment.
- Frame Material– Each frame is composed of Oakley’s proprietary lens material, O Matter. This creates a lightweight and comfortable fit without sacrificing durability.
- PRIZM– PRIZM Lens Technology is available in both sunglasses. This works by manipulating the light spectrum and boosting contrast to make everything in your environment more vivid and details easier to pick up on.
- Alternate Fit– Oakley Asian Fit sizing is available in both frames.
Differences Between the Sutro & Jawbreaker
- Unobtanium Grip– The Jawbreaker features Unobtanium on both the nosepad and temple arms but the Sutro only has Unobtanium on the nosebridge. Overall, this means the Jawbreaker has more grip on the temples.
- Adjustable Temples– The adjustable temples on the Jawbreaker allow you to change temple lengths to better fit your cycling helmet. If temples are too long they may crash into the back of your helmet and create an uncomfortable fit.
- Rx-ability– The Jawbreaker is available with a prescription embedded lens. The shield on the Sutro is so big that it is not possible to make a custom rx embedded lens with it.
We also have a separate and more in-depth look at the Sutro if you want to learn more about the features of this sunglass.
- Lens Width: 137mm
- Lens Height: 57mm
- DBL(Distance Between Lenses): 16mm
- Temple Length: 140mm
- Frame Width: 135mm
Want to know how to change your Oakley Jawbreaker lenses? We have a guide for that too!
- Lens Width: 150 mm
- Lens Height: 50 mm
- DBL(Distance Between Lenses): 18 mm
- Temple Length: 120 mm (adjustable)
- Frame Width: 137 mm
Prescription Oakley Sunglasses at SportRx!
Did we answer everything you wanted to know about the Oakley Sutro and Jawbreaker? Need prescription Oakley sunglasses? Done. When you shop with us, you’ll find video guides and tooltips throughout the build process as you customize the perfect pair. An answer to all your questions is at your fingertips, and if you want to chat with an expert, Contact Us. We’ll put you in touch with one of our friendly in-house opticians who can help you build your prescription sunglasses.
Ditch risky online shopping with the See Better Guarantee. Try your sunglasses for 45 days. If you’re not satisfied, send them back. Get a full refund, exchange, or credit towards a better pair. And return shipping? Covered. Get your pair of prescription Oakley sunglasses at SportRx today!