Cycling sunglasses are an essential part of any rider’s gear. The perfect set of frames and lenses can make your ride more enjoyable and elevate your performance on the bike. And let’s be real, having the coolest frames out there can make you look fast, even if you aren’t breaking records. Stick around to discover the best men’s cycling sunglasses of 2021!
Best Men’s Cycling Sunglasses
A. Video Review
B. What to Look for in Men’s Cycling Sunglasses
C. Best Men’s Cycling Sunglasses of 2021
1. SMITH Ruckus
2. Oakley Flak 2.0 XL
3. Nike Show X3
4. 100% Sportcoupe
5. Rudy Project Rydon
D. Prescription Cycling Sunglasses at SportRx
For a complete review of what to consider when purchasing cycling sunglasses, visit our buyer’s guide. For a quick recap, we’ve got you covered below.
Your vision is critical when flying downhill or cruising along the road. Select frames that give you a wide field of vision while protecting you from harsh UV rays from all angles. In our lineup, you’ll discover men’s cycling sunglasses that give maximum coverage thanks to 8-base wrap designs or side shields.
Lightweight & Comfortable Fit
The rest of your gear is aerodynamic, so don’t let your shades be the ones holding you back. All of the frames below have a sleek build to fit seamlessly with your helmet and are so lightweight you may even forget they’re on.
Whether you’re bouncing on rough terrain or breaking a sweat, rubber grip is the key ingredient to keeping your sunglasses in place. Strategically placed on nose pads and temple tips, rubber grip will add the security you need to ride distraction-free.
Choosing the right frame is only half of the decision-making process. Without the right lenses, you could have a sunglass that will fit right but won’t maximize your on-bike experience. High-contrast lenses (such as a rose or light copper tint) will help you to pick up on every little detail on the road so you can have a safer and more enjoyable riding experience.
Without further ado, here are the best men’s cycling sunglasses of the year!
If you want performance in one seriously cool-looking frame, look no further than the SMITH Ruckus. More lens than frame, the shield design gives you the widest field of vision and almost undetectable weight. Venting along the top bar keeps the shield fog-free, even when adrenaline is pumping and you’re breaking a sweat. As for the lens itself, it’s available with ChromaPop™ lens technology and is easily interchangeable thanks to SMITH’s proprietary PivLock system.
SMITH Ruckus Key Features
- Widest field of vision & unobstructed view
- PivLock system allows for quick & easy lens swapping
- Available with ChromaPop™ lens technology
- Not Rx-able
- SportRx Frame Width: 132mm (What is SFW?)
If you enjoy social rides, chances are you’ve already spotted these frames on fellow cyclists. There’s a reason why the Oakley Flak 2.0 XL is a cyclist favorite. It has all the Oakley performance tech we know and love in an ultra-versatile design. The O Matter™ frame construction is durable and lightweight, the Unobtainium™ rubber grip gets tackier the more you sweat, and PRIZM™ lenses are available to enhance your specific riding environment. If you frequently switch up your trails, the interchangeable lenses are the perfect way to get the coverage you need for the ride. And they’re Rx-able!
Oakley Portal X Key Features
- O Matter™ frame material is extremely durable & lightweight
- Unobtainium™ rubber grip gets tackier the more you sweat
- Available with PRIZM™ lens technology
- SFW: 135mm
The Nike Show X3 packs a performance punch in its sleek design. Contoured lenses give you deep and wide coverage, while the 8-base wrap provides an unobstructed view. The floating nose pad absorbs impact and encourages air flow, as do the vents along the browline. If you’re a sweater, no need to worry about fogging on the Nike Show X3. Even the textured temple tips direct moisture away from the frame.
As for the interchangeable lenses, they’re available with Nike MAX Optics. Or, if you wear prescription, select Sport Optimized Lenses while building your pair of prescription cycling glasses.
Nike Show X3 Key Features
- 8-base wrap with contoured lens for extra coverage
- Floating nose pads encourage air flow & absorb impact
- Interchangeable lens system available with Nike MAX Optics
- Rx-able with Sport Optimized Lenses or Custom Lenses
- SFW: 135mm
Similar to the previous frame in our lineup, the 100% Sportcoupe is an 8-base semi-rimless design. It’s constructed from Grilamid TR90, so you’ll get lightweight and impact-resistant wear. Rubber grip on the temples and vented nose pads help keep the frame in place while encouraging air flow. And those gorgeous lenses? They’re interchangeable, impact-resistant, and have a HYDROILO coating to repel water, dust, and oil.
100% Sportcoupe Key Features
- 8-base wrap provides wide field of view & maximum UV protection
- Grilamid TR90 frame material is impact-resistant & lightweight
- Interchangeable lenses are available with HiPer or PeakPolar lens tech
- Rx-able with Sport Optimized Lenses
- SFW: 136mm
Just look at that floating lens design. Even if you aren’t breaking your PR, you’ll look the part. The Rudy Project Rydon is a sleek and clean frame ready to hit the trail. Made from a mixed composition, the nylon front holds the flying lenses in place, while the metal temples rest comfortably with a helmet. You’ll get a perfect fit thanks to the fully adjustable temples and modular nose pads, which can be easily adjusted. If you wear prescription, you’re in luck, since the Rudy Project Rydon is Rx-able and also available with an Rx dock for higher prescriptions.
Rudy Project Rydon Key Features
- Durable nylon front & lightweight metal temples for comfortable wear
- Flying lens design promotes air flow & provides fog-free vision
- Modular nose pads & fully adjustable temples allow for a custom fit
- Rx-able & available with Rx dock for stronger prescriptions
- SFW: 138mm
Want even more frame recommendations for men’s cycling sunglasses? See our 2020 lineup below!
100% crafts the ultimate cycling sunglasses – and the Racetrap tops them all! From a frame that’s both flexible and solid, to an interchangeable shield lens with every lens coating you could want, these sunglasses are a cyclist’s dream.
100% Racetrap Key Features
- Shatterproof & impact-resistant Ultra HD lenses
- Durable & lightweight TR90 frames
- Scratch-resistant, hydrophobic, & oleophobic lens coatings to repel water, dirt, & oil
- 6-base, interchangeable shield lens
100% Sportcoupe is the culmination of style and performance. Compete with confidence, knowing you look awesome and have sport features like an 8-base frame, rubber temple tips and nose pad, and the contrast-enhancing HiPER lens on your side.
100% Sportcoupe Key Features:
- 8-base wrap for ultimate protection & side coverage
- Ultra-grip rubber nose pad & temple tips for a comfortable, secure fit
- HYDROILO lens coating to repel water & oil
The Oakley Flak 2.0 XL is a tried-and-true frame and considered one of the best cycling sunglasses on the market. A few key updates are included on this model that improve it from the already great Flak Jacket XLJ. Oakley’s O Matter™ frame material gives it a super lightweight and comfortable feel. The three-point fit system relieves pressure points caused by most frames by evening out the fit across the nose bridge and temples. Finally, it has the same frame dimensions as the original, but features extended lens coverage and cutouts around your cheeks to avoid cheek-to-lens contact.
Oakley Flak 2.0 XL in Matte Grey Smoke with PRIZM™ Road Lenses
Oakley Flak 2.0 XL Key Features:
- Lightweight O Matter™ frames
- High wrap for added protection & side coverage
- Unobtainium™ earsocks & nose pad for a comfortable, non-slip fit
- Color & contrast-enhancing PRIZM™ lenses
Bold in looks and performance, Oakley Sutro features a PRIZM™ shield lens in a high wrap frame for unparalleled optics. They offer ample protection and are constructed with all-day wear in mind, making them a top choice for men’s cycling sunglasses.
Oakley Sutro Key Features:
- O Matter™ frames for durability & long-lasting wear
- Unobtainium™ nose pad for increased grip and comfort
- High wrap for added protection and expansive peripheral view
The Oakley Mainlink features a versatile look that easily transitions on and off the bike. But don’t let the men’s lifestyle look fool you! They’re equipped with performance features fit for a cyclist, like a protective wrap frame and rubber grip to keep them optically aligned when you sweat.
Oakley Mainlink Key Features:
- Three-Point Fit system for a customized fit
- Unobtainium™ earsocks & nose pad for increased grip even as you sweat
- Lightweight & durable O Matter™ frame
The Rudy Project Rydon is another pair of cycling sunglasses that stand out due to their fit compatibility. A flexible fit is achieved through the fully adjustable nose pad and temples. Although these frames are super lightweight, Grilamid frame construction ensures their durability. A quick and easy interchangeable lens system gives you the option to swap lenses on the go, increasing its versatility. The Rydon delivers the performance you would expect from a top-rated cycling frame.
Rudy Project Rydon Key Features:
- Adjustable nosepiece & temples for a comfortable, custom fit
- Quick lens swapping system
- Flexible & durable Grilamid frames
When it comes to cycling sunglasses for men, SMITH Pathway is a strong contender. In addition to the revolutionary contrast-enhancing ChromaPop™ lens technology, they’ve got megol rubber to keep them in place while you’re riding even the roughest roads. And they’re lightweight, so you don’t feel a heavy frame on your face.
SMITH Pathway Key Features:
- 8-base frame for a wrapped fit & added protection
- Hydrophilic megol temples & nose pad for a comfortable, non-slip fit
- Anti-reflective & hydrophobic lens coatings to repel water & dirt
- ChromaPop™ lenses for color & contrast enhancement
Need men’s prescription cycling sunglasses? We’ve got you covered with another lineup made just for our prescription-wearers. Check out the best men’s prescription sunglasses! When you shop with us, you’ll find video guides and tooltips throughout the build process as you customize the perfect pair. An answer to all your questions is at your fingertips, and if you want to chat with an expert, contact us. We’ll put you in touch with one of our friendly in-house opticians who can help you build your cycling sunglasses.
Ditch risky online shopping with the See Better Guarantee. Try your men’s cycling sunglasses for 45 days. If you’re not satisfied, send them back. Get a full refund, exchange, or credit towards a better pair. And return shipping? Covered. Get your pair of men’s cycling sunglasses at SportRx today!