Are you interested in the Ray-Ban RB2185 Wayfarer II but are unsure how it's different than its predecessor? Sunglass Rob teams up with Alana Whitaker from Ray-Ban to review the Wayfarer II and compare it to the Original Wayfarer. Stick around to find out what's unique about the Ray-Ban Wayfarer II.
Ray-Ban Wayfarer II Review
Check out our video review of Alana from Ray-Ban and Sunglass Rob from SportRx to get all the details on the Ray-Ban Wayfarer II.
Ray-Ban Wayfarer II
If you're not familiar with this classic Ray-Ban style, the Wayfarer II is the fifth incarnation despite its name. There's also the Original Wayfarer, the New Wayfarer, the Wayfarer Ease, and the Folding Wayfarer. And for good reason—along with the Aviator that cemented Ray-Ban's place in the sunglasses industry, the Wayfarer has remained one of the most iconic sunglasses since its introduction in 1952. Let's take a closer look at what makes this style so special.
- Round Shape: Compared to the trapezoidal, more angular shape of the Original Wayfarer and the rectangular New Wayfarer, the Wayfarer II has a rounder shape and a slight upward swoop to the top frame. Despite these changes, the Wayfarer II still looks good on pretty much anyone. Don't much like the original on you? Give the Wayfarer II a shot!
- Slim Temples: The Original Wayfarer has thick, sturdy temples, while the II slimmed them down for a softer look. In terms of weight, they're a bit lighter than the OG but the difference isn't obvious. In this case, it's more about the style than the impact it'll have on the weight.
- Polarized Lenses: These just became your new favorite driving sunglasses. Available with Ray-Ban's classic G-15 lenses, the optional polarized filter blocks glare—now you can enjoy every second of that beautiful sunset. Learn more about polarized lenses here.
- Asian Fit: Like the Original Wayfarer, the Wayfarer II is available in Asian Fit. If you're no stranger to glasses sliding down your face, touching your cheeks, or fitting poorly in general, give the Asian Fit a try.
- Eyeglasses: If you like the style of the Wayfarer II but need regular glasses over sunglasses, these are also available with clear lenses! You can rock this classic look indoors and out. Click here to get started.
- Prescription-Ready: Need your Wayfarer II in prescription? No problem! Order with authentic Ray-Ban lenses from SportRx today.
Lens Width: 52mm
Lens Height: 43.9mm
Distance Between Lenses (DBL): 18mm
Temple Length: 145mm
Need prescription Ray-Ban Wayfarer II's? Done. When you shop with us, you’ll find video guides and tooltips throughout the build process as you customize the perfect pair. An answer to all your questions is at your fingertips, and if you want to chat with an expert, Contact Us. We’ll put you in touch with one of our friendly in-house opticians who can help you build your prescription Ray-Ban Wayfarer II's.
Ditch risky online shopping with the See Better Guarantee. Try your sunglasses for 45 days. If you’re not satisfied, send them back. Get a full refund, exchange, or credit towards a better pair. And return shipping? Covered. Get your pair of prescription Ray-Ban Wayfarer II sunglasses at SportRx today!