Following the hype of the Oakley Sutro, the Portal is another sport-capable frame with all the coverage you could ask for. The Oakley Portal is essentially a Sutro with two lenses instead of one. But there are a a few key differences in features that we will cover in the video below.
If you want to learn more about the Portal you can check out our full Oakley Portal review for a more in-depth analysis.
Differences Between the Portal and Sutro
- Coverage- The full shield lens of the Sutro will provide a bit more coverage than the Portal. However, it is not available in Rx. If you are a prescription wearer looking for a BIG frame with tons of coverage, the Portal is a safe bet.
- Size- Both of these sunglasses favor individuals with larger heads. However, if you are into the oversize look then they will work just fine.
- Unobtainium Grip- The nosepads and earsocks of the Portal are coated with Oakley's proprietary grip technology. The more you sweat, the more it sticks, keeping the frames in place and on your face. The Sutro features an Unobtainium saddle nosebridge but no additional grip on the temples.
Similarities Between the Portal and Sutro
- O Matter- The frame is made of a highly durable nylon-based material know as O Matter. Simply put, these sunglasses will have no problem holding up to any physical activity.
- PRIZM Lens Technology- See the world in enhanced contrast and vividness with PRIZM. Learn more about these game-changing lenses in our Oakley PRIZM Lens Guide. As an added bonus, Oakley lenses are also 100% UVA, UVB, and UVC protected.
OAKLEY PRESCRIPTION SUNGLASSES & EYEGLASSES ONLINE AT SPORTRX
Need prescription Oakley sunglasses or eyeglasses? Done. When you shop with us, you’ll find video guides and tooltips throughout the build process as you customize the perfect pair. An answer to all your questions is at your fingertips, and if you want to chat with an expert, Contact Us. We’ll put you in touch with one of our friendly in-house opticians who can help you build your prescription Oakley Sunglasses.
Ditch risky online shopping with the See Better Guarantee. Try your Oakley Portal X or Portal sunglasses for 45 days. If you’re not satisfied, send them back. Get a full refund, exchange, or credit towards a better pair. And return shipping? Covered. Get your pair of prescription Oakley Sunglasses at SportRx today!