Softball players spend hours in the sun multiple days a week, so it’s essential to have a pair of sunglasses that help navigate fly balls and protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays. To help you find the best pair for you, we’ve put together our top softball sunglasses. For an idea of what goes into picking great softball sunglasses, check out our Softball Sunglasses Buyer’s Guide.
Keep scrolling to find the best of 2020 as well as the 2019 picks.
Table of Contents
1. The Best Softball Sunglasses of 2020
1.1. Rudy Project Exception
1.2. Rudy Project Rydon
1.3. Oakley Flak 2.0 XL
1.4. Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 XL
1.5. 100% Speedcoupe
1.6. Under Armour Octane Tuned
1.7. Tifosi Vero
2. Best Softball Sunglasses 2019
3. Shop Prescription Softball Sunglasses at SportRx
The Rudy Project Exception is our favorite solution for any high Rx athlete, softball included! Unlike other frames with inserts, the Exception was designed around its insert to ensure perfect compatibility. We also have custom SportRx color kits only available here.
Key Rudy Project Exception Features:
- Includes a prescription insert to give even high Rx athletes the opportunity to use a wrap lens in prescription.
- Flip-up lenses let you easily transition from outdoors to indoors without changing your glasses.
- Interchangeable lenses means you can have different tints to work with changing lighting conditions.
The Rydon is Rudy Project’s bestselling frame, and for good reason—these sunglasses are packed with all kinds of cool features and tech.
Key Rudy Project Rydon Features:
- Interchangeable lenses ensure you’re ready to play no matter the lighting.
- Photochromic lens options change from clear or nearly clear to dark depending on the amount of UV light present. You’ll be able to see clearly no matter how long the inning stretches.
- Unbelievably lightweight frame so you forget you’re even wearing them.
- Available in a slim size for smaller faces.
SportRx’s most popular sunglass frame—the Oakley Flak 2.0 XL is so popular that Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Joe Kelly rocks them every day. Men and women across the country are also wearing the Flak 2.0 XL for softball whether they’re pitching, fielding, or hitting.
Key Oakley Flak 2.0 XL Features:
- Unobtainium earsocks and nose pads make it so that the more you sweat, the stronger the grip becomes.
- PRIZM Field lenses are optimized for softball to make that fly ball pop against the backdrop of blues and greens.
- Lightweight O-Matter frame and Three-Point Fit system make these comfortable for all-day wear.
- Available in an XS size or Asian Fit to give you even more options.
Another awesome pair of Oakley sunglasses, the Half Jacket 2.0 XL is perfect for softball. It has a very similar design to the Flak, but with a smaller fit and softer edges that women tend to like better.
Key Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 XL Features:
- Increased grip with its Unobtainium temples and nose pads.
- PRIZM Field gives color and contrast enhancement specifically designed to help out baseball and softball players.
- Lightweight O-Matter frame has impressive durability even when you slide to first.
- Available in a small size or Asian Fit to ensure you’ll find the perfect shades for you.
The 100% Speedcoupe is a super sporty frame you can even spot on some Major League Baseball players. It’s got peak performance and sleek style all in one compact pair of sunglasses.
Key 100% Speedcoupe Features:
- Rubber temples and nose pads keep these in place even when you’re sprinting to snatch that ball.
- Interchangeable lenses just in case you can’t resist that second set.
- A full wrap provides ample wind and sun protection and hugs these shades close to your face without fogging thanks to vented lenses.
The Octane Tuned is so good, Bryce Harper of the Philadelphia Phillies wears it (in prescription!).
Key Under Armour Octane Tuned Features:
- Baseball tuned lenses enhance vision and colors on the softball field.
- ArmourFusion frame made from injected polyamide for maximum durability.
- Rubber temples prevent slipping.
The Tifosi Vero has all the excellent performance features from Tifosi’s bestslling Veloce in a smaller, and more cost-effective, frame.
Key Tifosi Vero Features:
- Vented lenses prevent fogging.
- Adjustable nose pads to make a great fit for any nose shape.
- A full wrap hugs the Vero close to your face and close to the action.
Oakley Flak 2.0 XL
Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 XL
The Tifosi Veloce is the #1 bestseller out of all Tifosi sunglasses. This pair provides substantial eye protection whether you’re catching fly balls or cranking home runs.
Key Tifosi Veloce Features:
- Adjustable, rubberized nose pads and temples allow for complete comfort and stability.
- Vented lenses prevent fogging up.
- The Grilamid, semi-rimless frame is both durable and stylish.
Rudy Project Horus
The Rudy Project Horus has been one of the most popular sport sunglasses for a long time. With its unique shape and style, not only will you stand out on the field, but you can wear these anywhere.
Key Rudy Project Horus Features:
- Fully adjustable temples and nose pads allow for a custom and comfortable fit.
- An 8-base curve for full, wraparound coverage and a wider field of vision.
- High Rx option for athletes who crave a full sport wrap.
Finally, the fifth favorite frame to land on our top softball sunglasses list is the Oakley Mainlink. This is a very casual pair of glasses, not too sporty but perfect for recreational softball.
Key Oakley Mainlink Features:
- Unobtainium earsocks and nose pads prevent slipping while sweating.
- O-Matter frame provides an extremely lightweight and comfortable feel.
- Integrated hinge system has incredible strength and resilience.
- High Rx option due to the flatter frame.
Need prescription softball sunglasses? Done. When you shop with us, you’ll find video guides and tooltips throughout the build process as you customize the perfect pair. An answer to all your questions is at your fingertips, and if you want to chat with an expert, Contact Us. We’ll put you in touch with one of our friendly in-house opticians who can help you build your prescription softball sunglasses.
Ditch risky online shopping with the See Better Guarantee. Try your sunglasses for 45 days. If you’re not satisfied, send them back. Get a full refund, exchange, or credit towards a better pair. And return shipping? Covered. Get your pair of prescription softball sunglasses at SportRx today!