With the ever-growing selection of popular Oakley sunglasses, it’s no wonder the brand decided to create youth frames as well. Taking the very best tried and true models and shrinking them down is exactly what Oakley engineers did. Maybe not the most creative design approach, but still a very smart plan since these frame designs have been endorsed by professional athletes and celebrities alike.
Our main goal in creating this guide is to give you the information you need to make the best selection for your child. First, we will inform you of some basic Oakley knowledge, like frame features and materials, and then we will walk you through our top picks for the best Oakley kids sunglasses.
Best Oakley Sunglasses for Kids
It is best to assess your child’s specific needs before helping them make their decision on which sunglasses to get. Are they using them for sport? Maybe they need a casual pair to wear on your next family vacation. Every frame has features and benefits that cater to specific uses. Here are some noteworthy considerations:
Does your kid wear a prescription? If so, SportRx has you covered! We can offer all of the frames below (aside from the Radar EV XS) in prescription. Plus your kid can experience the ultimate viewing experience with Oakley authentic PRIZM lenses in their Rx. If your child has a high Rx, you can always contact one of our certified opticians to see if they are within range for a particular frame.
If you have not heard of PRIZM yet, feel free to dive straight into our complete Oakley PRIZM lens guide. It is hard to describe these amazing lenses in a sentence or two, but here goes! PRIZM is Oakley’s contrast enhancing lens technology that works by filtering out distracting colors and boosting the colors your eye is more sensitive to. In turn, this makes everything in the environment pop with color and vividness. And if your child is using their sunglasses for sports, there are even PRIZM Sport lenses that have been fine tuned for sport-specific environments. Wearing PRIZM can actually improve their play on the baseball field or help them navigate the trail ahead when they are on their mountain bike.
Having grip where your kid needs it will ensure the sunglasses stay securely in place and on their face. Oakley Unobtainium grip technology gets sticker and tackier the more your child sweats, so they don’t have to worry about readjusting the sunglasses when they are playing their favorite sport. If this is something your child needs, check the specific frame details to see if Unobtainium is featured on the nosepads or temple arms.
As a parent you may be curious about the overall durability of these sunglasses. Let’s face it, you don’t want to be turning around to invest in another pair anytime soon. And with Oakley O Matter frame material you won’t have to. O Matter is a nylon-based material which is super lightweight, but also incredibly impact resistant. This makes the sunglasses tough enough to handle any physical abuse your child puts them through. And you will be happy to know that all of the sunglasses in this roundup are made of O Matter.
Now that you know what to look for in Oakley kids sunglasses, let’s go ahead and get into these frames.
1) Oakley Radar EV XS
Radar EV XS Key Features:
- Unobtainium nosepads and temple arms keep the frames in place and on your face.
- The Sport-driven design excels for a wide variety of activities including baseball, running, and cycling.
- Vents in the top of the shield increase airflow to reduce chances of fogging.
2) Oakley Holbrook XS
Holbrook XS Key Features:
- Get the classic Holbrook design in a smaller fit!
- Rivet styling on the sides of the frame add a timeless aesthetic that looks great on all occasions.
- The keyhole nosebridge creates a more comfortable and balanced fit.
Check out our full review of the Holbrook XS.
3) Oakley Flak XS
Flak XS Key Features:
- Oakley’s #1 sport sunglass is now available in a smaller size!
- The semi-rimless design makes swapping lenses a breeze.
- There is enough Unobtainium on the nosepads and temples to have you covered for ANY physical activity.
Dive deeper into this frame in our Flak XS review.
4) Oakley Frogskins XS
Frogskins XS Key Features:
- Embrace a retro-inspired look straight outta 1985!
- The keyhole nosberidge caters to a wide variety of nose shapes and sizes.
- Unisex styling make this frame great for both girls and boys.
Learn more about this sunglass in our complete Frogskins XS review.
5) Oakley Turbine XS
Turbine XS Key Features:
- Unobtainium on the nosepads and temple arms increase with grip the more you sweat.
- The wraparound style offers extra coverage from the sun.
- The style and materials make this sunglass versatile enough to transition from lifestyle to sport.
Get Kids Prescription Oakley Sunglasses Online at SportRx
Need Oakley prescription sunglasses? Done. When you shop with us, you’ll find video guides and tooltips throughout the build process as you customize the perfect pair. An answer to all your questions is at your fingertips, and if you want to chat with an expert, Contact Us. We’ll put you in touch with one of our friendly in-house opticians who can help you build your prescription sunglasses.
Ditch risky online shopping with the See Better Guarantee. Have your kid try out their sunglasses for 45 days. If they’re not satisfied, send them back. Get a full refund, exchange, or credit towards a better pair. And return shipping? Covered. Get your child a pair of prescription sunglasses at SportRx today!