Ray-Ban achieved its reputation as the most renowned name in lifestyle fashion glasses by manufacturing only the best of the best. When it comes to the Ray-Ban Justin vs the Original Wayfarer, that legacy of excellence is strongly upheld in both. When Ray-Ban released Wayfarer sunglasses, the reaction was so positive that they had no choice but to ride the wave of success into new products for the years ahead. Enter the Ray-Ban RB4165 Justin. Inspired by the timeless Wayfarer model, the Justin provides a slight, yet, unique spin-off with exciting features. Keep reading our side-by-side comparison of the Ray-Ban Justin vs Wayfarer to see which frame is right for you.
Ray-Ban Justin vs Wayfarer
The original Ray-Ban Wayfarer has a stylish and original design that is featured in Hollywood films like Risky Business and The Blues Brothers. The classic Wayfarer takes you back in time with a timeless, vintage flair that is always fashionable. The RB2140 has large square lenses and a pantoscopic tilt. This means the browline of the frame leans forward, away from the face. The Original Wayfarer is a 6 base frame, so it is compatible with most prescriptions and has a minimal curvature. It is constructed from acetate and features Ray-Ban rivets on the frame front, and the logo on the temples. The Original Wayfarer comes in multiple sizes:
- 50mm eye size with a 40mm lens height, and an SFW of 135mm, which is a Men’s Medium and Women’s Large fit
- 54mm eye size with a 47mm lens height and an SFW of 142mm, which is a Men’s Large and Women’s Extra Large fit
The Ray-Ban RB4165 Justin is at the forefront of the fashion industry with a sleek and modern look that is guaranteed to turn some heads. It took the classic square shape that debuted in the 1960s and gave it a modern look. The large square lenses offer plenty of coverage from the sun and the frame is made of lightweight nylon. Just like the Wayfarer, the Justin is a 6 base frame and compatible with most prescriptions. The Justin is available in two sizes:
- 55mm eye size with a 44mm lens height and an SFW of 133mm which is a Men’s Medium and a Women’s Large fit
- 58mm eye size with a 44mm lens height and an SFW of 146mm which is a Men’s and Women’s Extra Large fit
The Wayfarer and the Justin showcase the iconic square shape with sizes that compliment a variety of faces. Although both models have similar designs, there are some variations that can make all the difference in both size and style.
- The first is the iconic design. The Original Wayfarer is one of the most iconic frames in the world. So if you are looking for a true Ray-Ban icon with maximum style, the Wayfarer is the frame for you.
- The second difference is the pantoscopic tilt. If you like the look of the pantoscopic tilt, then go with the Wayfarer. If you don’t like the tilt, and want more coverage from the sun, go for the Justin.
- The last major difference is the frame material. While both nylon and acetate are comfortable frame materials, nylon is a bit more lightweight than acetate. So if you are wanting a lightweight frame to wear comfortably from sun-up to sun-down, go for the Justin.
When it comes to the decision of whether to buy the Justin or the Wayfarer, there is no wrong answer. The Original Ray-Ban Wayfarer is one of the top-selling sunglasses of all time. On the other hand, the Ray-Ban Justin stakes its own claim in the fashion industry, while also being a super functional pair of shades for all of your outdoor activites.
Prescription Ray-Ban Sunglasses Online at SportRx
Need prescription Justin or Original Wayfarer sunglasses? Done. When you shop with us, you’ll find video guides and tips throughout the build process as you customize your perfect pair. The answers to all of your questions are at your fingertips, and if you want to chat with an expert, Contact Us. We’ll put you in touch with one of our friendly in-house opticians who can help you build your prescription Ray-Ban sunglasses.
Ditch risky online shopping with the See Better Guarantee. Try your Ray-Ban Justin or Original Wayfarer sunglasses for 45 days. If you’re not satisfied, send them back. Get a full refund, exchange, or credit towards a better pair. And return shipping? Covered. It’s our no-hassle, easy way of getting you into some stellar shades that will make you look good and feel great. Get your pair of prescription Ray-Ban sunglasses at SportRx today!