Bold and aggressively sporty, the new Nike Skylon Ace 22 features a wide variety of improved lens and frame features than its predecessor — the Nike Skylon Ace XV. This fresh redesign will help enhance your vision during your favorite outdoor activities. So, lace up your shoes, do those stretches, and join us as we compare the differences and similarities between these Nike sports sunglasses!
Table of Contents
Join Eyeglass Tyler as he compares the Skylon Ace XV and the Skylon Ace 22 in the video below! Or continue reading to learn more.
At their cores, both Ace-series frames are built for sports performance. Nike went the extra mile on the newer Skylon Ace 22 with several new features designed to improve your sight during your athletic endeavors. Check out our comparative breakdown of these two sunglasses below.
- The Nike Skylon Ace 22 has a more angular, trapezoidal lens shape designed to sit higher on the face, compared to the Skylon Ace XV's rounder lenses.
- The Skylon Ace 22 also includes a larger bend at the temples. This prevents your glasses from slipping during activities where peripheral vision is crucial — like when you’re biking or playing tennis.
- The Nike Skylon Ace 22 has rubber that runs through the length of its temples for better grip. The original only has rubber on the ends of the temples.
- Both are lightweight performance frames designed for a variety of sports and conditions.
- Both feature a ventilated rubber nose pad for fog prevention. This also keeps the frames secure during high intensity running and jumping activities.
- Both are available in prescription with SportRx Sport Optimized Lenses.
While we no longer sell the Nike Skylon Ace XV (except in junior sizes), the new and improved Nike Skylon Ace 22 provides the most updated clarity, comfort, and grip features. Starting at just $95 for non-prescription, this is a great sports frame for the price conscious.
Need prescription Nike Skylon Ace 22 sunglasses? Done. When you shop with us, you’ll find video guides and tool tips throughout the build process as you customize the perfect pair. An answer to all your questions is at your fingertips, and if you want to chat with an expert, contact us. We’ll put you in touch with one of our friendly in-house opticians who can help you build your prescription Nike sunglasses.
Ditch risky online shopping with the See Better Guarantee. Try your sunglasses for 45 days. If you’re not satisfied, send them back. Get a full refund, exchange, or credit towards a better pair. And return shipping? Covered. Get your pair of prescription Nike Skylon Ace 22 sunglasses at SportRx today!