How to Change Oakley Earsocks
Oakley Flak Jacket and Flak Jacket XLJ sunglasses have been helping world-class athletes push the limits and take their performance to the next level for years now. One of the many cool features that make these glasses so coveted in the athletic community is their Unobtanium interchangeable earsocks that keep your glasses in place. Here is an easy step by step guide on how to change your Oakley Flak Jacket earsocks and Flak Jacket XLJ earsocks.
Unobtainium is awesome. The more you sweat, the more it sticks to your face, keeping your shades in place and your hands distraction-free. That’s why we love Oakley’s unobtainium earsocks. Although, they can be a lil’ tricky to change. That’s why we made a video tutorial on how to change the earsocks on the Oakley Flak Jacket. Have a different pair? Don’t worry, most of Oakley’s sunglasses follow this format.
How to Change your Oakley Flak Jacket Earsocks:
First thing’s first, you’re going to need some materials:
- Your Oakley’s and your new earsocks
Once you’ve got these materials, it’s go time! The good news is once you master changing the earsocks on your Oakley Flak Jacket sunglasses, it’s pretty much the same process for all of Oakley’s other products.
- You’re going to need to pop the arm out of the glasses. This can be easily done by adding pressure with your thumb on the inside hinge of the glasses to pop that bad boy out so it’s separate from the glasses themselves. Don’t worry about breaking your glasses; the O-Matter frame is very durable and hard to break. You should hear a nice pop sound when the arm pops out of the hinge.
- Once the arm is out of the hinge it’s time to get the original earsock and logo piece off. The trick to removing the original earsocks is a little twist and pull motion that will have the earsock and logo gradually move down the arm until you can just slide it off. This is going to be harder to remove on newer glasses. If you still can’t slide off the original earsocks then add a little soap and water to the arm to make it easier.
CAUTION: While you are taking off the earsock, be careful how hard you are pushing on the thinner points on the inside of the arm. Too much pressure on those points will cause the arm to snap.
- Now that the original earsocks have been removed, you’re going to need to lubricate the now bare arm. A little bit of water and soap should do the trick. Make sure the new earsock and logo piece are going in the right direction and just slide them into place.
- Congrats! You have just successfully changed your Oakley earsock!
Oakley Flak Jacket Prescription Sunglasses
If you’re interested in getting a pair of the Oakley Flak Jacket sunglasses or other Prescription Oakley glasses, don’t hesitate to contact us. Just get in touch with one of the amazing opticians at SportRx and they will make sure you get whatever pair of sunglasses you’re looking for with your exact prescription needs!