What You Need to Know Before Buying Prescription Football Goggles
As we all know football is intense, so there's no surprise to why more and more players are being taken off the field because of all the possible injuries. While you have the protection of your helmet, your head is secure, but what about the safety of your eyes? It can be tough to see that pigskin flying towards you and your eyes may impair its direction or location. Having glasses in general will improve your game exponentially. But of course, the helmet makes it difficult to maneuver a pair of eyeglasses around and that's why, with safety in check and comfort still key, we've got this buyers guide of football glasses or prescription football goggles that'll keep you safe and your game a success. SportRx is here to give you the ins-and-outs of football glasses and prescription football goggles so you can be sure to get the best and play your best!
Safety and Perfect Vision on the Field are Key
To excel on the field means having optimal vision and having that means you need the best eyewear that does the job for you. If you want to excel out there on the field, you're going to want to make sure your vision is in tip-top shape and that your eye safety is top priority. Even if you have been blessed with 20-20 vision, the right football goggles or football glasses can drive you to your optimal performance.
See Better, React Faster
The right football eyewear will help you see better and react faster, giving you an added edge over your competitors. Football goggles and prescription football goggles are specifically designed to keep your eyes safe, fit comfortably and securely. They'll even enhance your vision so you can feel like Superman out there on the field.
When looking for the best pair of football eyewear, you're going to want to consider two major aspects: the design of the frame and the lenses.
Optimal Football Frame Features:
- Anti-slip Nose Pads: The beauty of anti-slip nose pads is that they ensure a secure fit and maintain optical alignment throughout the entirety of a practice or game. These babies will stick to your nose even when you sweat. Rest assured your football glasses will stay in place so you can maintain your A-game.
- High-Impact Resistant Frame: These are a must! Football is an intense sport and the reasons for a high-impact resistant frames are endlessness. A frame that can withstand any blow to the helmet or fingers to the face without breaking are your best bet when it comes to prescription football goggles.
- Low-Profile Frame with Slim Temples: Low-profile frames with slim, straight-back temples are the way to go. These football glasses are helmet compatible, enabling a smooth fit and long-lasting comfort for all day wear on the field. Low-profile minimizes interference to your best game.
Optimal Football Eyewear Lenses:
- Polycarbonate, Impact-Resistant Lenses: You’re going to need lenses that are just about as tough as you are. We recommend polycarbonate, impact-resistant lenses since they are virtually unbreakable. They are crystal-clear and shatter resistance, that way you'll have the clearest vision possible on the field and you wont have to worry about a spin off ball. They are not only durable, but they also have built-in UV protection, which comes in handy on those sunny days when you're out there on the field.
- Anti-Fog Coating: We recommend anti-fog coating when it comes to football glasses or goggles in order to enable clear vision all the way to the final whistle. We know sweating bullets during practices or games are a part of the sport. Anti-fog destroys moisture and is sure to be your best defense against fogged football glasses or goggles.
Wiley X Gamer
SportRx Football Glasses Recommendations:
For most players, we recommend the Wiley X Gamer; for kids, we recommend the Wiley X Fierce. Both are great options for football safety and sight. With their removable elastic straps they enable easy switching between glasses mode and goggle mode. They both have low-profile frames and slim temple designs that provide easy on and off access. Anti-slip nose pads provide optical alignment, and their frames are durable as your sport.
All Wiley X football glasses and goggles are ASTM F803 certified - otherwise known as the highest protection rating possible. The lenses are not only made out of impact-resistant Polycarbonate, but can also be anti-fog coated. Both the Wiley X Gamer and the Wiley X Fierce are available as prescription football goggles. These Wiley X sports glasses or goggles are durable, comfortable, reliable, and bound to enhance your performance on the field.
Wiley X Fierce
Get Prescription Football Goggles online at SportRx
Need prescription football goggles? Done. When you shop with us, you’ll find video guides and tooltips throughout the build process as you customize the perfect pair. An answer to all your questions is at your fingertips, and if you want to chat with an expert, Contact Us. We’ll put you in touch with one of our friendly in-house opticians who can help you build your prescription football goggles.
Ditch risky online shopping with the See Better Guarantee. Try your football goggles for 45 days. If you’re not satisfied, send them back. Get a full refund, exchange, or credit towards a better pair. And return shipping? Covered. Get your pair of prescription football goggles at SportRx today!