Does your child favor all sports equally? It can be a challenge to shuttle your little one around from soccer to baseball practice, let alone take care of their prescription needs for each one. Parents of active kids, this one is for you! SportRx has our list of the best kids’ sport sunglasses for 2021 for frames that work in any scenario.
Best Kids’ Sport Sunglasses
1. The Best Kids’ Sport Sunglasses of 2021
1.1. Under Armour Windup Youth
1.2. Oakley Flak XS
1.3. Julbo Line
1.4. Nike Skylon Ace XV Jr.
1.5. Oakley Quarter Jacket
1.6. Wiley X Gamer
1.7. Nike Dash
1.8. Julbo Rookie
2. Prescription Kids’ Sport Sunglasses Online at SportRx
When shopping for sports sunglasses for your kiddo, you’ll need to keep a versatile style in mind. A frame that works well for one sport may not be great for another, and the same goes for lenses.
Luckily for you, if you want an in-depth look at the features to have in sports sunglasses for kids, we have it for you. Check out our 7 Tips for Buying Kids’ Glasses and figure out exactly what you need. That said, all of the frames on this list check those boxes.
This is our bestselling youth frame, and for good reason, too. Kids just can’t get enough of this 2020 REXY award-winning look. The Windup Youth is best suited for baseball, but is easily adaptable to work for other sports as well.
Under Armour Windup Youth Key Features:
- ArmourFusion frame is made from an injected polyamide for maximum strength and durability.
- Three-Point Grip works in conjunction with rubber nose pads to provide a secure and comfortable fit.
- Best fits ages 8-12.
If you’re familiar with sports sunglasses content, particularly from us, this first one should come as no surprise. The REXY-nominated Flak XS is a youth-sized version of Oakley’s Flak 2.0 XL. This means it has all the same great features in a smaller package!
Oakley Flak XS Key Features:
- Interchangeable lenses combined with PRIZM lens tech make for an all-in-one pair of sunglasses.
- O-Matter frame is lightweight yet durable enough to handle a little roughhousing.
- Unobtainium grips keep the frame in place.
- Best fits ages 7-13.
Does your little one want to do everything you do? Now they can with the comfortable, durable, and protective Julbo Line sunglasses. REXY-nominated for the Best Kids’ Sports Sunglasses category, they can handle a variety of activities – and look cool while doing it.
Julbo Line Key Features:
- Flexible, shock-absorbing grip insert on the bridge
- Soft, non-stick grip on the temples
- Wraparound style for added sun protection
The youth version of the Skylon Ace XV, you could hardly ask for a cooler-looking pair of kids’ sport sunglasses. Not to mention they’re packed with all the features an active kid will love. You don’t want to miss out on these REXY-nominated kids’ frames.
Nike Skylon Ace XV Key Features:
- Interchangeable lenses make for an adaptable pair of sunglasses.
- Rubber nose pads aid grip and focuses in the heat of the moment.
- Best fits pre-teens.
While fairly similar to the Flak XS, the Quarter Jacket has a few key differences. This youth-sized version of the Half Jacket is slightly smaller for one thing, and can also hold a higher Rx range than its Flak counterpart. Perfect for the kids who need a little extra assistance to see.
Oakley Quarter Jacket Key Features:
- Interchangeable lenses and your choice of PRIZM lenses optimized for different sport environments means your kid never has to feel cheated out on good vision.
- O-Matter is the perfect combination of a lightweight and durable frame for an active child.
- Unobtainium nose pads and temples ensure the sunglasses stay optically aligned even during an intense game.
- Best fits ages 6-11.
The Wiley X Gamer is one of our favorite frames for sports. Its versatility and wide Rx range make this a solid option whether you’re scoring a touchdown or shooting hoops after school.
Wiley X Gamer Key Features:
- Convertible frame comes with both temples and a goggle strap that adapt to any sport.
- ASTM F803 approved and extra nose padding means these can take a beating and come out smiling.
- Available in several sizes to fit kids of all ages.
- Best fit for teens.
The Nike Dash features a true sports wrap in a size made for kids so they can dash to their heart’s content.
Nike Dash Key Features:
- The ultra-lightweight frame makes these a great option for a picky kid.
- High tension hinges add durability.
- Best fits ages 8-12.
The Rookie is just what an adventurous kiddo needs. These REXY-nominated kids’ sport sunglasses provide a comfortable fit regardless of face size or shape, and the wide lenses give an expansive view of the world.
Julbo Rookie Key Features:
- Includes a removable strap for extra security.
- Spectron lenses increase color and contrast and are available in a variety of tints as well as polarized and photochromic options.
- Best fits ages 6-10.
Need prescription kids’ sport sunglasses? Done. When you shop with us, you’ll find video guides and tooltips throughout the build process as you customize the perfect pair. An answer to all your questions is at your fingertips, and if you want to chat with an expert, Contact Us. We’ll put you in touch with one of our friendly in-house opticians who can help you build your prescription kids’ sport sunglasses.
Ditch risky online shopping with the See Better Guarantee. Try your sunglasses for 45 days. If you’re not satisfied, send them back. Get a full refund, exchange, or credit towards a better pair. And return shipping? Covered. Get your pair of prescription kids’ sport sunglasses at SportRx today!