Curious about the differences between Maverick and Maverick Free sunglasses? Join SportRx's Eyeglass Tyler and Nike Vision Expert Patsy as they go through the nuts and bolts of these awesome frames, what they are and why we should care.
Nike Maverick vs. Maverick Free
The Nike Maverick has been out for a couple of years and is a great hybrid frame. As with many popular frames, variations of the frame are designed to fit the different sport needs. The Maverick Free was inspired by the Nike Maverick so naturally they share many features:
- Frame shape: same geometry details in the brow of the frame
- Ventilated rubber nose bridge: reducing fog while keeping optics stable at all times
- Flexible rubber temples: all day comfort and added grip to keep the frame in place
- Tapered temples: superior hat compatibility
- Lightweight nylon frame material: durable and comfortable for all way wear
- Rx-ability: designed to fit most prescriptions
The Maverick Free was created with feedback from opticians, frame stylists, and consumers. The main request? A version of the Maverick without the bottom frame. The main difference between Maverick vs. Maverick Free is the style of the frame.
- Frame style: Maverick is full frame while Maverick Free is semi-rimless
- Sport application: Maverick is a great hybrid frame performing well on and off the field. Maverick Free is a more true sport frame with the sport details of a semi-rimless frame design for optimal sport performance.
- Lens height: the Maverick Free's lens is 5 mm shorter
- Lower field of vision: Maverick Free has an unobstructed lower field of vision since there is no bottom frame.
Prescription Nike Sunglasses at SportRx
Need prescription Nike sunglasses? Done. When you shop with us, you’ll find video guides and tooltips throughout the build process as you customize the perfect pair. An answer to all your questions is at your fingertips, and if you want to chat with an expert, Contact Us. We’ll put you in touch with one of our friendly in-house opticians who can help you build your prescription Nike sunglasses.
Ditch risky online shopping with the See Better Guarantee. Try your Nike sunglasses for 45 days. If you’re not satisfied, send them back. Get a full refund, exchange, or credit towards a better pair. And return shipping? Covered. Get your pair of prescription Nike sunglasses at SportRx today!