Enhance your vision and perfect your golf game with sunglasses tailored to your prescription. Whether you’re driving down the fairway or chipping onto the green, you’ll want to clearly see every part of the course. With SportRx, not only are you getting the highest quality golf sunglasses, you’re getting the best customer experience as well. Join us for top-notch service, and our picks for the best golf sunglasses of 2022.
Table of Contents
A. Video Overview
B. What to Look For in Golf Sunglasses
C. Best Golf Sunglasses of 2022
1. Maui Jim Ho'okipa
2. Oakley Flak 2.0 XL
3. SportRx Huckson
4. Nike Show X2
5. Bonus: Oakley Radar EV Path
D. Prescription Golf Sunglasses at SportRx
Join Sports Optician TJ as he introduces the best golf sunglasses of 2022! Read on to learn more about the frames.
Many professional golfers don’t wear sunglasses while playing, either because they’re not used to it or because they like letting as much light as possible through to their eyes. However, at SportRx, we’re big believers in the optical benefits you get with golf sunglasses. When you’re wearing the right lenses, harsh sunlight is dimmer, while the blue sky, green grass, and white golf ball are brighter than before.
In that vein, contrast and grip are the two must-have features in your golf glasses. Contrast-enhancing lens technology boosts helpful colors so you can read the green better and not lose sight of the ball, even against cloudy skies. Meanwhile, rubberized grip on the nose pads and temples makes sure the frame is locked in place — so you won’t have to readjust your sunglasses and sacrifice your swing.
For more features to look out for, check out our How to Buy Golf Sunglasses Guide.
Next up is one of our all-time favorite golf glasses, the Maui Jim Ho’okipa. You’ll love these frames for all 18 holes because their rimless design makes them light as a feather. It’s hard to notice you’re wearing them — except when the PolarizedPlus2® lens technology helps you line up your shot and land that perfect swing!
Maui Jim Ho’okipa Key Features:
- Fully rimless, ultra-lightweight design won’t get in your way
- Contrast-enhancing PolarizedPlus2® lenses improve your read on the green
- Grip on the nose pads and temple tips keeps these firmly in place
- Prescription-ready with authentic Maui Jim lenses!
- SFW: 134 (Men’s M, Women’s L)
For more of our favorite Maui Jim frames for golfing, check out our Best Maui Jim Golf Sunglasses blog.
Say goodbye to the days of your golf glasses slipping down your nose — the Oakley Flak 2.0 XL is a hole in one. It has no shortage of features, like an O Matter™ frame, Unobtainium® temples, and PRIZM™ lens technology. We love them for golf because of their incredible versatility and unmistakable style combined with the semi-rimless design. Try these with PRIZM™ Golf or Dark Golf lenses as you tee up.
Oakley Flak 2.0 XL Key Features:
- Lightweight and flexible O Matter™ frame is both comfortable and durable
- Unobtainium® temples increase grip the more you sweat
- PRIZM™ lens technology fine-tunes the light spectrum to bring out the colors most beneficial to your environment
- Prescription-ready with authentic Oakley lenses!
- SFW: 135 (Men’s M-L, Women’s L)
Next up is one of our own frames! If you’re after super affordable golf sunglasses without compromising on features, the SportRx Huckson is for you — these frames start at $99, with prescription lenses included. We designed these to excel in numerous activities, golf included, thanks to great coverage and grip on the nose pads and temple tips.
SportRx Huckson Key Features:
- Eco-friendly frame construction conceals rubberized nose pads and temple tips behind a laid-back style
- Versatile enough to carry you from the green to the country club without missing a beat
- Prescription-ready with your choice of SportRx lenses!
- SFW: 136 (Men’s M-L, Women’s L)
Sleek, stylish, and comfortable, the Nike Show X2 is a large-fitting pair of golf sunglasses with performance top of mind. The semi-rimless design allows for a prescription while still giving you tons of coverage, so you’re sure to own the course.
Nike Show X2 Key Features:
- Semi-rimless frame with a wrapped shape is designed for multi-sport performance
- Adjustable rubber nose pads and temple tips let you customize your fit
- SFW: 138 (Men’s L, Women’s L-XL)
The Oakley Radar EV Path boasts as much coverage as you could want in a pair of golf sunglasses. Available in Rx with embedded lenses, these are ideal for golfers who want to get the most out of peripheral visibility on the course. The Radar EV Path is similar to the Flak 2.0 XL regarding features, but has wall-to-wall coverage thanks to the shield lens.
Oakley Radar EV Path Key Features:
- Full shield style maximizes coverage and minimizes interference
- O Matter™ frame material is lightweight, durable, and comfortable
- Unobtainium® temples and nose pads lock in place with sweat
- PRIZM™ lens technology enhances your view of the green
- Prescription-ready with embedded Rx technology (limited options)
- SFW: 140 (Men’s L-XL, Women’s XL)
Need prescription golf sunglasses? Done. When you shop with us, you’ll find video guides and tooltips throughout the build process as you customize the perfect pair. An answer to all your questions is at your fingertips, and if you want to chat with an expert, contact us. We’ll put you in touch with one of our friendly in-house opticians who can help you build your golf sunglasses.
Ditch risky online shopping with our See Better Guarantee. Try your sunglasses for 45 days and if you’re not satisfied, send them back. Get a full refund, exchange, or credit towards a better pair. And return shipping? Covered. Get your pair of prescription golf sunglasses at SportRx today!