PRIZM Road vs PRIZM Road Black Review
Oakley PRIZM Lens Technology revolutionized the sunglass world. Initially introduced in 2014, PRIZM continues to deliver as the top sport performance lens. In the case of cycling, PRIZM Road will make all the details on the pavement pop so you can spot cracks and uneven surfaces ahead of time. The newest evolution of PRIZM, Road Black, offers a new level of protection for road enthusiasts in bright and sunny conditions. Explore all of the similarities and differences between PRIZM Road and PRIZM Road Black below.
We also have a review of the Best Oakley Cycling Sunglasses of 2019 if you want to check out our top picks and optician's recommendations.
Similarities Between PRIZM Road and PRIZM Road Black
- PRIZM rose base for enhanced contrast to see details on road surface
- Easier to see in both bright light and shadows
- White and yellow lanes become vivid, and traffic lights more vibrant
- Sky and greenery are enhanced for a more visually stunning experience
Differences Between PRIZM Road and PRIZM Road Black
- Aesthetics- The most notable difference between PRIZM Road and PRIZM Road Black is aesthetic. PRIZM Road is a bright orange/red lens with an iridium coating that really pops with color. PRIZM Road Black is more subtle with a black iridium finish.
- VLT(Visible Light Transmission)- PRIZM Road allows more light through the lens with a VLT of 20%. PRIZM Road Black has a darker tint and allows only 11% of surrounding light through the lens.
- Conditions- Oakley engineers designed PRIZM Road Black for sunny road environments where extra protection is needed. PRIZM Road works in sunny environments too, but PRIZM Road Black is the most optimal.
- Rx-ability- PRIZM Road is available in prescription! We are hoping that PRIZM Road Black will be available soon!
PRIZM Road Black
PRIZM Road Black is ideal for bright and sunny environments. The visible light transmission of 11% keeps your eyes fully protected from harsh UV rays. Pair this lens with the Jawbreaker and you have a sunglass that will meet any of your cycling, running, or driving demands. The PRIZM rose base makes every detail pop with vividness.
Just as PRIZM Road Black is ideal on super bright and sunny days, PRIZM Road is preferred in more variable conditions. This lens excels in sun and clouds or overcast days. The 20% VLT allows more light through the lens than PRIZM Road Black but the iridium finish still protects your eyes from the sun. A PRIZM rose base makes every pothole and crack easier to spot.
Get Oakley PRIZM Road in Prescription at SportRx
Need custom Oakley prescription sunglasses with PRIZM Road lenses? Done. When you shop with us, you’ll find video guides and tooltips throughout the build process as you customize the perfect pair. An answer to all your questions is at your fingertips, and if you want to chat with an expert, Contact Us. We’ll put you in touch with one of our friendly in-house opticians who can help you build your prescription Oakley Sunglasses.
Ditch risky online shopping with the See Better Guarantee. Try your Oakley sunglasses for 45 days. If you’re not satisfied, send them back. Get a full refund, exchange, or credit towards a better pair. And return shipping? Covered. Get your pair of prescription Oakley Sunglasses at SportRx today!