Originally introduced in 1985, the Frogskins put Oakley on the map as an innovative eyewear company. The newly released Frogskins Mix puts a modern twist on the iconic frame. Sunglass Rob and Oakley Nick compare the two frames to see how the new version stacks up against the tried and true design.
Oakley Frogskins Mix
- Iconic Design: The lens shape and frame design of the Frogskins Mix stays true to Oakley roots. The timeless keyhole nosbridge and O Matter frame front are found in both models.
- PRIZM Lens Technology: Oakley designed PRIZM lenses to enhance contrast in specific environments. The lenses work by filtering out the noisy colors while simultaneously boosting the colors that our eyes are most sensitive to. Both models are available with PRIZM lens technology to make your everyday life more vibrant and exciting.
- Fit: Both of these sunglasses have just about the same frame dimensions. You may see minor discrepencies in measurements depending on the source but we measured both frames and they are just about identical in size. If you are looking for an alternative fit, they are both available in asian fit.
- Frame Materials: The major difference between the Frogskins and Frogskins Mix is the temple materials. The Frogskins frame is constructed entirely of O Matter, Oakley's proprietary frame material. The Frogskins Mix frame front is also made of O Matter but the temples are made of stainless steel mixed with Unobtanium. Oakley engineers designed the temples with Unobtanium on the back end of the temples where they make contact with the top of your ears. This increases the grip and overall comfort of the frame.
The Frogskins and Frogskins Mix have the same frame dimensions.
- Lens Width: 55 mm
- Lens Height: 44 mm
- DBL(Distance Between Lenses): 17 mm
- Temple Length: 140 mm
- Frame width: 130 mm
OAKLEY PRESCRIPTION SUNGLASSES AT SPORTRX!
Did you learn all you wanted to know about the differences between the Frogskins and Frogskins Mix? Did you know you can get both of these Oakley sunglasses in prescription? We have certified opticians on the phone 7 days a week to help you out with any of your prescription or non-prescription needs. Contact us by phone or Live Chat with a certified optician if that is more convenient to you. SportRx is here for you!