The Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ has been a favorite among athletes and active enthusiasts for the better part of a decade. In 2015, Oakley took innovation to the next level with the Oakley Flak 2.0 XL. (They kept the "Flak" and dropped the "Jacket.")
The Flak 2.0 XL is essentially the new-and-improved version of the Flak Jacket XLJ. In other words, Oakley is delivering an upgraded version of one of the world's already-best sport sunglasses. Check out our full Oakley 2.0 XL unboxing and review below. We also have a separate review of the Flak 2.0 XL with baseball world series champion, Joe Kelly.
The main difference between the Oakley Flak 2.0 XL and the original Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ is that the new Flak 2.0 XL has updated styling, is even more comfortable, and provides an improved field of vision with better peripheral vision and a little more wrap around coverage than before.
- Three-Point Fit System- These sunglasses evenly distribute the pressure to the three main points of contact on your face; your nose and behind your ears. This increases comfort and makes the frames wearable for extended periods at a time.
- Unobtanium Grip- Oakley's patented Unobtanium material on the temple arms and nosepads keep the frames in place and actually gets stickier and tackier the more you sweat. Having a soft and grippy material on the main contact points of the frame also increases the overall comfort.
- O Matter Construction- Proprietary O Matter frame material makes these frames both lightweight and highly durable.
- Semi Rimless Design- The bottomless frame allows the lenses to extend lower and provide more coverage without having the bottom of the frame in your line of sight.
- UV Protection- All Oakley lenses block 100% UVA, UVB, and UVC light. This helps protect and increase the longevity of your eyes.
- PRIZM Lens Technology-PRIZM lenses are designed to enhance contrast in specific sport environments. The lenses work by boosting the detail sensitive colors while filtering out the noisy colors. This allows you to see more detail and react quicker to your surroundings. For example, if you play baseball, you can try PRIZM Field lenses that will actually help you track the ball better against the hues of blue in the sky or green of the grass. Reach your maximum potential with a pair of PRIZM sport lenses.
- Lens Width: 59mm
- Lens Height: 38mm
- DBL (Distance Between Lenses): 12mm
- Frame Width: 133mm
- Temple Length: 132mm
Oakley Flak 2.0 XL in Prescription at SportRx!
Did we answer all of your questions about the Flak 2.0 XL? Need Oakley Flak Jacket 2.0 XL in prescription? We've got you covered. Feel free to call or chat to our friendly opticians with your questions about prescription Oakley Flak 2.0 XL sunglasses!