How to Change Smith IO/7 Lenses: A Step-by-Step Guide
Who doesn’t love a two-for-one deal? Well that's what you get with the latest and greatest Smith I/O7 goggles. Each pair of Smith IO/7 goggles comes with a set of two lenses: One for those sunny days, and the other for those foggy, whiteout days. Smith's simple interchange system allows you to seamlessly adapt to the ever-changing weather conditions on the mountain.
Another awesome thing about Smith IO/7 goggles is you can get 'em in prescription. (Here's how prescription snow goggles work.)
HOW TO CHANGE SMITH I/O7 LENSES:
How to Remove Your Smith I/O7 Lenses:
- If you have them in prescription, the first step is to remove the prescription insert.
- Lift up on the top mechanism and turn the lever 90°
- Grab the back of the frame and front of the lens, and then pull the lens forward to remove it from the top and side operators
- Wriggle the lens free from the last attach point at the bottom by the nose
How to Install Your Smith I/O7 Lenses:
- Remove the other lens from the molded hard case
- Take the goggle, and pinch the nose piece
- Insert the lens from the bottom first to get a good seal
- Work the lens into the dual axis outriggers
- Make sure the lever on the top is at 90°, push the frame to the backside, twist it 90° back the other way to lock in the lens
- If you have them in prescription, insert them after changing out your lens
- Wipe down your lens to remove any left over fingerprints, and you’re good to go!
Its’ as simple as that! Enjoy your lenses on the slopes, and if you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us; we're here to help!